Tuesday, April 29, 2014

blog one

Tamara Kamara
Ensemble
Steiger
Blog One
By name is Tamara Kamara, I am a double major in Theatre Arts and in French at the University of Louisville. I am African. I was born in Sierra Leone west Africa and came to America when i was eight years old. Sierra Leone was colonized by Europeans making our national language English and our official language Krio.Sierra Leone's government is a constitutional democracy. As I never lived with my parents I do not know everything about my heritage or my immediate families culture, but growing up in an African household i know a lot about my family and my home. My parents are from two different tribes in Africa, generally tribes do not get along or marry outside their tribes. I left Sierra Leone when I was four years old due to the blood diamond war. I moved to Guinea for a year and then moved to Senegal where I stayed until i was eight years old. Life in America is very different from life in Africa but culturally, it is still the same. I grew up muslim and remember going to the mosque every friday and celebrating ramadan. I still eat the food and remember the big celebratory meals we had during gatherings and celebrations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment